We are delighted that at last, we are able to celebrate Mass in public again.
Our Masses will recommence:
- Sat. 18th July at 18:30
- Sun 19th July at 10:00
- Tues 21st July at 10:30
There will be some changes to accommodate the Scottish government guidelines, as follows:
- On arrival at the church please use the front door, where you will be required to give your details (for contact tracing if necessary). This may mean a queue to enter the church, so please maintain social distancing when doing this & at all times within the church.
- Please wear a face covering, & sanitise your hands on entering & leaving the church.
- Seating within the church is restricted in accordance with the guidelines, so you will be shown to your seat by a Welcome volunteer. The number of people in the congregation will be restricted, but we think it is unlikely to exceed the available seating at present (if this turns out to be a problem we will set up a booking system in the future).
- Mass will be as normal but with no singing, no Offertory procession (baskets for offerings will be at the back of the church).
- Communion will not be given during the Mass but at the end of Mass. After the final Blessing, the Welcome volunteers will guide people up to the altar to receive Communion, following which the parishioners will not return to their seats but exit the church immediately by the side door.
Please note that the suspension of the obligation to attend Sunday Mass still applies, especially to those who are vulnerable or shielding. Sunday morning Mass from St. Joseph’s, Aberdeen can still be accessed online and weekday Masses from St. Margaret’s Huntly as before.
We are grateful to God for this opportunity for public worship and are excited to see you again and offer the Holy Mass with you. As things have been different all this while, so also is the grace of God. God’s grace for us is exceptional, extravagant and beyond any measures. Let us come together and celebrate this with great joy. We have joy in our hearts to share with you when we see you shortly. So, we look forward to welcoming you back to St. Peter’s and celebrating Mass with you once again.
Fr. Kingsley & Fr. Peter